Welcome to the Breuer Lab at Brown University. We are active in research and education covering a wide variety of topics, including:
- Animal motion, in particular, bat flight and bacterial motility
- Fluid-Structure interactions for flight vehicles and energy harvesting
- Micron and nanometer scale fluid mechanics, slip flows, contact lines.
- Bio-insipired flight robotics and flow control
- Diagnostic methods for fluid mechanics
Our group includes undergraduate and graduate students, post-docs, visiting scientists and faculty. We draw on backgrounds in Engineering, Ecology and Evoutionary Biology, Physics, Applied Mathmatics and Computer Science.